Looks like Dolores Park party animals will have to wait to bust out their glow sticks: The Recreation and Parks Department sent notice this morning that weather will postpone the park’s reopening and the glow-in-the-dark party that was supposed to accompany the unveiling of the park’s southern half.
A new date has yet to be set, but rain is forecast for every day of the coming week with the exception of Friday. We’ll keep you posted if a new date is set, but in the meantime, here’s a recap of the last year of Dolores Park happenings ahead of the much-anticipated reopening:
- Wondering what the new park will look like when it opens? Here are some photos.
- The northern half reopened in summer 2015 with a silent disco and a matter-out-of-place squad.
- Battling the never-ending waves of trash at Dolores has led to banning glass, hiring staff, and switching to eco-popups.
- What you might find once it reopens: People from all over the world, confusion over hammocks, and sandwich-making robots. And of course great turnout for Pride and the Trans March.
- But hopefully you won’t see any people lighting trees on fire or taking expensive joy rides.