A 26-year-old man was in a vehicle on 16th and Mission Streets on Saturday afternoon when a 40-year-old man opened the passenger’s door and stabbed the younger man in the side of the neck.

Police got the call at 2:47 p.m.

The 26-year-old was transported to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for a non-life threatening stab wound to the neck.

The suspect fled on foot, and no arrests have been made. We will update this as we get more information.

Pepper Spray Robbery

A 37-year-old man was walking on 16th Street between Valencia and Mission Streets at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday when a man and a woman approached him. One of the duo sprayed pepper spray in the victim’s face and took his property. The two suspects then fled on foot.

No arrests have been made.

Friday, July 24, 7:15 a.m. A 68-year-old woman was struck by a Muni bus while walking across a crosswalk on South Van Ness Avenue and 25th Street. She was transported to San Francisco General Hospital for a non-life threatening laceration to her head.

Friday, July 24, 6:33 p.m. Two men – a 29-year-old and a 33-year-old – were arguing, when the younger punched and kneed the older in the face, knocking him unconscious. The victim was transported to St. Luke’s for a broken nose, and the suspect was arrested.

Saturday, July 25, 3:30 a.m. Five men in their twenties riding in a blue van on 19th and Folsom Streets robbed a 28-year-old man at gunpoint early Saturday morning. The men got out of their vehicle and approached their victim and demanded his money and phone. When three of them pulled out black handguns, the victim complied. The suspects fled in the van, leaving the man uninjured, and no arrests were made.

Saturday, July 25, 2:00 p.m. A 25-year-old man was walking on 14th and Shotwell streets when a man in his 20’s or 30’s approached him, pointed a handgun at him and demanded all of his property. The victim complied, handing over his wallet and a silver bracelet. The suspect then fled the area. No arrests have been made.

Sunday, July 26, 5:00 a.m. A woman was staying on Folsom Street between 21st and 22nd Streets, and woke up when another woman entered her room via the front window. The woman had taken some items from the victim’s suitcase, and fled when the she saw that the victim was awake. No arrests were made.

Monday, July 27, 2:37 a.m. A 37-year-old man was approached by someone on Mission Street between 16th and 17th Streets who struck him in the head. The suspect then grabbed the victim’s property – including his cell phone and credit cards – and fled the scene. The victim was transported to San Francisco General Hospital for non-life threatening head injuries. No arrests have been made.

Crime is trauma and the county offers different services. Here is a link to a page of services.

Victims of violent crime can also contact the Trauma Recovery Center at UCSF.