Smoke and an alarm sounding from an apartment on Rosa Parks Lane prompted the arrival of three firetrucks at Valencia Gardens at around 6 p.m. Tuesday evening.

Resident Deborah Davidson had forgotten to turn her stove off as she left to take a walk, she said, and returned two hours later to find firefighters coming out of her unit.

“I was making a good honkin’ pot of spaghetti,” she recalled.

Davidson said no part of the house had caught fire, but that the smoke detector had been triggered by the charred noodles.

“I’m glad the house didn’t burn down or I would’ve been homeless!” she said.

“Well, and you’re alive!” commented a concerned neighbor.