Labor Day weekend is almost here, and the weather is gorgeous. Do you have plans? If not, we’ve got you covered. Below is a list of fun events happening all around the city over the next three days. Enjoy the quieter-than-usual Mission (thanks to Burning Man and out-of-towners) or venture out to a neighborhood you haven’t explored for awhile.
1. The Bay Area Bike Share launched yesterday, so there are 700 bikes out there just waiting for riders. Already own a bike? 7×7 magazine lists some times when the bike share might be more convenient.
2. Garage-rock concert: Sonny and the Sunsets with Warm Soda and Shannon and the Clams. The Chapel, 777 Valencia Street. 9 p.m., $17. Get tickets here.
3. America’s Cup “Art in the Park” Live Painting Festival. Dozens of local artists will be on the waterfront, painting scenes from the sailing races. All day at Pier 27. Free. More details here.
4. San Francisco Zine Fest. An Annual celebration of small press publishing. Golden Gate Park, 11 a.m to 5 p.m.. Free. Continues on Sunday. Read more here.
5. With lots of people out of town for Burning Man and other non-city adventures, Dolores Park should be less crowded than usual. So grab a spot in the grass and enjoy the beautiful weather.
6. September is National Yoga Month, so beginning today, you might be able to score a free week of yoga at participating studios around the city.
7. II Giro de San Francisco Bike Race. Annual contest around the streets of the city. Levi Strauss Plaza, Battery at Union streets. Free. Read more here.
8. Free Guided Walking Tours. San Francisco City Guides. Check out places that include Chinatown, the Japanese Tea Garden and North Beach. More details here.
9. SF Mime Troupe Closing Day. Dolores Park, 1:30 p.m. Free. Watch a Mission Local video about the troupe here.
Enjoy the long weekend!