En Español

Boogaloos, the breakfast and lunch joint at the corner of Valencia and 22nd streets, will be closed for several days to clean up the damage from a small fire on Sunday.

The fire, which was confined to the inside corner of the restaurant’s mezzanine, started when some napkins and wood products close to a stove flue ignited, according to the fire report.

An employee at the restaurant this morning said the fire department responded to the call and sprayed down the smoke, but the water ruined the sheetrock on the ceiling, causing a mess.