UPDATE: The 55-year-old woman severely beaten after an argument earlier this month died Friday night at San Francisco General Hospital after being taken off life-support, police report. Nancy Tynan, a San Francisco resident, was originally assaulted on October 15 by a man and a woman after an argument that started on a MUNI bus spilled over onto the street between 16th and 17th. She was found unconscious on the sidewalk and taken to the hospital with traumatic brain injury.

The case was originally investigated as an assault, but is now being changed to a homicide investigation. Police are reviewing video footage from the bus, but there are currently no suspects other than the man and woman of unknown age originally identified. Our initial reporting is below.

Police report that an argument that started on a bus left one woman lying unconscious on the sidewalk with life-threatening injuries.

Witnesses told police that the victim, a 55-year-old woman, had gotten into an argument with a man and a woman of unknown ages while on a Potrero Avenue bus at around 7 p.m. yesterday. The suspects and the victim got off the bus between 16th and 17th streets, but the argument continued on the street. Witnesses told police that they then heard yelling and saw the victim lying on the ground, unconscious.

The suspects fled on foot and are still at large, while the victim was transported to San Francisco General Hospital in life-threatening condition due to a traumatic brain injury. It’s unclear what the fight was about or whether she was robbed of any property.

Car Arson

Police responded to a call about a vehicle fire at 4:20 a.m. this morning on 25th Street between Florida and Alabama streets. The officers met firefighters on scene, who advised that the fire was arson. No suspect description is available, and no losses or injuries were reported.

Two Robberies

At 7:27 a.m. on Thursday, a 42-year-old man was walking on 18th Street and South Van Ness Avenue when he was approached from behind by three men in their 20s. One of the men held the victim in place as the other two took his wallet, backpack, and cell phone. They fled on foot, and no arrest was made.

At 2:00 p.m. that same day, a 62-year-old man was approached by a 50-year-old man on Shotwell between 23rd and 24th streets. The second man then hit the victim on the forehead with an unknown object, causing him to fall unconscious. The robber made off with the victim’s ID card and debit card, and was not arrested. The victim was transported to San Francisco General Hospital for treatment of a non-life-threatening laceration to his forehead.

Crime is trauma and the county offers different services. Here is a link to a page of services.

Victims of violent crime can also contact the Trauma Recovery Center at UCSF.