This is not to be missed.
We are in the midst of a block by block documentation of the Mission waking up. You can see from the google map, what’s been done.
All you have to do is wake up, get out, walk around your block – or any block that hasn’t yet been done – and send us the photos, captions and any text that you want to add. We will do the rest.
Why would you want to get up early and walk around your block?
1. Light is best in the morning.
2. Looking closely you see elements that you’ve never before noticed – yes it is an almost spiritual experience.
3. History because 100 years from now – or even 10 or 20 – someone will find this project and be able to see what our Mission looked like.
5. Bragging rights: You will be unable to tell your children about walking miles in the snow to get to work, but do this and you will be able to demonstrate how you were an excellent and involved neighbor.
Here is a more detailed description of how you can participate:
On the morning of your assigned day:
6:45 – 7:15 AM:
- Rise and get out!.
- We are most interested in what you find compelling- a face, a plant, a garage door, an architectural element, a secret garden…you will be amazed by what you notice.
- Horizontal photos are best. 10 will do but more if you like.
8:00 AM: (If you are late, no worries. We are very patient.) Send email to email@example.com that includes:
- The block you are capturing (example: Mission – 19th – Capp – 18th)
- if you like, commentary about your walk, but the photos and captions are more than enough.
- If your file is too big, we can share a drop box with you, you can send them individually or you can reduce them to 72 dpi and 640 px across.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the shots you see: