California’s standardized test, STAR, which will be administered to every second- through eleventh-grade public school student in the district, begins its second round this week. While your children are hunched over marking their sheets with Number 2 pencils, try out your skills. Good luck!
- Round 1: March 1 and 2
- Round 2: April 7 through 22
- Round 3: April 26 through May 5
- You can see more sample questions from each grade level here.
- Click here for samples of the science reference sheets found in each test booklet. Samples include chemistry, physics, integrated science and fifth- and eighth-grade science.
- For help understanding test scores, click here.
- PDFs with test questions for each grade level, from tests given from 2003 to 2008, can be downloaded here.