Electrical Fire at City Hall, Building Still “Open for Business”

File photo.

File photo.

SFGate.com reports that an electrical fire erupted at City Hall Tuesday night, causing minor damage to the historic building.

The fire stemmed from an electrical vault in the basement, sending smoke into the main rotunda. Firefighters arrived at the scene at 9:26 p.m. to find that automatic sprinklers, activated in the vault, curtailed any fire.

City Hall is “open for business,” officials told SFGate, but parts of City Hall are still without power.

Share!FacebookGoogle+PinterestRedditLinkedInEmail

Comments are closed.