- This event has passed.
Verdi Club: Roberta Donnay & the Prohibition Mob Band, Woodchopper’s Ball
September 25 @ 9:00 pm - 11:30 pm
“[Roberta Donnay’s] engagement with the lyrics, her supple sense of time and her soulful, little-girl timbre remind you of Billie Holiday.” -Mike Zwerin, International Herald Tribune. Roberta Donnay & the Prohibition Mob Band present a modern take of the hot swingin’ jazz and sultry blues of the 1920s and 30s that will make you want to dance all night!
THE WOODCHOPPER’S BALL:
The Woodchopper’s Ball, named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra (and their biggest hit!), is a weekly Tuesday swing dance event held at the beautiful historic Verdi Club in San Francisco.
* LIVE MUSIC DANCE PARTY, 9:00-11:30pm, with a different band each week! $10 admission (monthly class students FREE), all ages. Includes a drop-in Basic Swing dance lesson (9:00-9:15pm), perfect for complete beginners (no partner required)!
* FULL BAR & LOUNGE, 7:30pm-closing (21+ only)! Enjoy a classic cocktail in the swanky, newly renovated lounge!
* 2,500-SQ-FT DANCE FLOOR: Large, beautiful, hardwood dance floor with plenty of room to swing out!
* SEPTEMBER Beginning and Intermediate LINDY HOP monthly swing dance class series conclude tonight, 7:00-9:00pm. Single Monthly Class drop-in: $20/person/week, all ages. Enrollment includes admission to Dance Parties!
* New OCTOBER (5-week) LINDY HOP and BALBOA class series start Tuesday, October 2, 2018! Register online in advance, only $75/mo, and save $15! ($90/mo door):
6:30pm: Doors Open
7:00-8:00pm: Monthly Int Lindy Hop & Int Balboa Classes
7:30pm-closing: Full Bar Open (21+ only)
8:00-9:00pm: Monthly Beg Lindy Hop & Beg Balboa Classes
9:00-9:15pm: Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson
9:00-11:30pm: Live Music Dance Party