- This event has passed.
Verdi Club: Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras Swing Dance Party! Silver Bell Jazz Band
February 13, 2018 @ 9:00 pm - 11:59 pm
FAT TUESDAY MARDI GRAS SWING DANCE PARTY!
Celebrate FAT TUESDAY with the Silver Bell Jazz Band at the Woodchopper’s Ball, Tuesday, February 13!
* EXTENDED HOURS DANCE PARTY: 9:00pm-12:30am, with the Silver Bell Jazz Band (9:15-11:30pm), and DJ Arnold Cabreza during the break and after the band (11:30pm-12:30am)! Still only $10, all ages!
* BASIC DANCE LESSON: Admission includes a basic drop-in swing dance lesson (9:00-9:15pm)! Perfect for complete beginners, no partner required!
* FULL BAR & LOUNGE: 7:30pm-closing (21+ only)! Enjoy a classic cocktail in the swanky, newly renovated lounge!
THE SILVER BELL JAZZ BAND:
Led by clarinetist and international Lindy Hop instructor Ryan Calloway, the Silver Bell Jazz Band is an all-star outfit that plays with a special focus towards dancers–a beautiful blend of traditional authentic New Orleans jazz tunes that moves the soul and makes you want to dance!
THE WOODCHOPPER’S BALL:
The Woodchopper’s Ball, named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra (and their biggest hit!), is a weekly Tuesday swing dance event held at the beautiful historic Verdi Club in San Francisco.
* February Beginning & Intermediate Lindy Hop & Balboa class series continue tonight, 7:00-9:00pm. Single Monthly Class Drop-In: $20/person/week, all ages (enrollment includes admission to the Dance Party)!
* New March monthly class series start Tuesday, March 6, 2018!
6:30pm: Doors Open
7:00-8:00pm: Monthly Int Lindy Hop & Int Balboa Classes
7:30pm-closing: Full Bar Open (21+ only)
8:00-9:00pm: Monthly Beg Lindy Hop & Beg Balboa Classes
9:00-9:15pm: Basic Drop-In Swing Dance Lesson
9:00-11:30pm: Live Music Dance Party
11:30pm-12:30am:Extended (DJ’ed) Dance Party