- This event has passed.
Public Works: Deep House Yoga Resonance with Cecily Guest, Femmelectric and The Sound Sorcery
November 10, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Deep House Yoga presents “Resonance” a 2-hour Yoga, Music and Sound Healing event, featuring a 1 hour 15 minute Yoga practice, music journey, and 30 minute Sound Bath with personal Sound Reiki. A mocktail after class is included with your ticket!
We are honored to bring together Cecily Guest, Femmelectric, and The Sound Sorcery to co-create and collaborate for Deep House Yoga at Public Works on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH 7PM.
“Deep House Yoga is a healing event, fusing together yoga, body movement, dance, music and sound healing to leave you feeling connected and blissed out. Resonance is an event focused on the healing power of sound and music, honoring the way music can help us to heal, emotionally, somatically and physically. The music journey will be deeply melodic and healing, and the sound healing will feature Sound Healing Reiki – The Sound Sorcery will move around the space offering 1-1 sound healing during a 30-minute sound bath during Savasana” As always – All are welcome to our events, and this will be an all-levels class suitable for all yogis, new and old. Our events are about conscious connection and community. Come for class, but stay to connect with those around you”
***Yoga themed Mocktails after class***
YOGA WITH CECILY.
Cecily Guest is a 20-year yoga veteran and 25-year fitness professional with extensive certifications and experience as an instructor, personal trainer and mind-body facility manager. She has worked with the nation’s top organizations; Equinox, Crunch Fitness, The Sports Club corporation, New York Sports Clubs, Yogatree/Yoga Works and more.
Cecily is listed with Blackyogasuperstars, Black Yoga Teacher Alliance and was a Lululemon Ambassador for the Bay Area for 2-years. She has presented for IDEA, Self Magazine, Yoga for Hope and at the Rimini Fitness Festival in Rimini Italy, and has presented for the disability community and numerous corporate events.
MUSIC BY FEMMELECTRIC
femmelectric explores sonic storytelling through dynamic, beat-forward soundtracks that transcend a single mood or era. She is known to traverse genres, but with early rave roots in Florida, classic breakbeat and its derivatives are always in close rotation. femmelectric is committed to supporting women in electronic music by hosting several women-focused events each year, including annual International Women’s Day events.
More Chill mixes:
Sound Healing by The Sound Sorcery
The Sound Sorcery is the sonic healing practice and artistry of bay area natives Drew Burch and Kelly Finn. Their immersive approach to sound meditation drops the listener in the center of the sound, suspending them in frequencies specifically tuned to resonate with their body. By blending Reiki and sound bath, The Sound Sorcery offers one-to-one energy clearing for deeper restorative healing.
Staying “safe” and well during this experience. A note on liability, responsibility and listening to your body and what it needs.
1) We provide a nurturing and safe space in which to practice always offering modifications and breaks. It is an all-levels class. It is essential that you retain full responsibility for your own physical and general well-being during this class. No responsibility will be taken for any injuries you may incur during this practice.
2) We expect that you Consult your doctor if you have any preexisting medical conditions and check if an all-levels Yoga class is suitable for you.
3) The golden rule is ‘if it doesn’t feel right then don’t do it’. We encourage you to stop when you need to. Feel free to ask for assistance during the class. It is your body and you do not have to do anything which the teacher is instructing if it doesn’t feel right for YOU.
4) As is the case with any physical activity and in life itself, the risk of injury is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. If you experience any pain or discomfort you agree to listen to your body, adjust the posture or stop all together. You affirm that you alone are responsible to decide whether to practice yoga.
5) Practice deepening your awareness and the understanding of your body and your self. And enjoy this experience gently.
6) DHY and its contributors are not responsible for loss, damage or injury resulting from your choice to participate in this event.