- This event has passed.
El Centro Bayview to Hold Día de Los Muertos Community Celebration on October 27th
October 27, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Free Family Event will feature Day of the Dead altars, art activities, traditional folkloric dance, live music and more
El Centro Bayview Family Resource Center, part of Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc. (MNC), will honor the rich, colorful traditions of Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) at its first annual community celebration on Saturday, October 27, 2018 from 1:00 pm–4:00 pm at Rafiki Coalition for Health and Wellness, located in Bayview-Hunters Point at 601 Cesar Chavez St., in San Francisco. Bringing the community together to pay homage to loved ones who have passed on, the free, family-friendly event – which is open to the public and for guests of all ages – will be opened by Elders from the Latino and African-American community at 1:00 pm.
Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is celebrated annually in Mexico and throughout Latin America to remember and celebrate the lives of those who have died.
The El Centro Bayview Family Resource Center event will include:
• Live musical performances, ranging from traditional to contemporary.
• A presentation by Tony Robles, the People’s Poet, San Francisco Art Commission Award-Winning Author.
• Colorful altar installations created by community partners.
• Engaging hands-on activities for all ages, including calavera face painting, mask making, and candle decorating.
• Complimentary food and non-alcoholic beverages.
ABOUT EL CENTRO BAYVIEW FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER
El Centro Bayview Family Resource Center is part of Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc’s (MNC), centers and based in Bayview-Hunters Point, San Francisco, CA. MNC is a non-profit organization that focuses on and provides a wide range of multi-ethnic, cross-cultural human services that develop leadership and strengthen families in order to build strong, healthy, and vibrant neighborhoods.
Family Resource Center Manager
Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc.
(415) 530-0874 / email@example.com