- This event has passed.
ATA: BAVC: Ask a Festival Programmer
December 3, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Are you thinking about submitting a film to a local festival? Do you ever wonder how festival programmers choose which films to screen? How do they decide which films should be shown together? How do they even begin sorting through that huge volume of submissions?
Hear directly from a panel of programmers who curate festivals all over the Bay Area and get your questions answered! Programmers from a wide array of festivals will discuss the inner working of the process from gathering submissions to assessing the merits of a film to putting together thematic programs. You’ll get insight into the types of films each festival is looking for and what makes a film stand out above the rest.
Our panel will include…
• Arlin Golden, Festival Director, Drunken Film Fest Oakland
• Joshua Moore, Programmer, Jewish Film Institute, San Francisco Jewish Film Festival
• Masashi Niwano, Festival and Exhibitions Director, Center for Asian American Media(CAAM)
• Omeed Manocheri, Program Producer, SF Urban Film Fest
• Steve Polta, Artistic Director/Archivist, San Francisco Cinematheque (home of Crossroads Festival)
• Susie Smith, Program Producer, SF Urban Film Fest
• and more!
In addition to the Q&A panel, there will be time to meet and talk with other local filmmakers and festival enthusiasts in attendance. Grab a free snack and get a drink with a small donation.