A new feature. If you live in the Mission or have a business in the Mission, send postings to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put them up.
Community Engagement / Marketing Intern (Paid)
Haystack TV is looking for a motivated intern to help spread the word about our product as well as breaking news video content. The paid internship in Redwood City (close to Caltrain) would be 15-20 hours a week, starting over the summer with the possibility of extending into the fall.
You will get to work in a fast-paced startup that is focused on changing the world of video journalism and news. To be successful you need to be versatile and willing to take on a variety of different tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reaching out to different communities and bloggers to help spread the word about our service
- Managing our social media accounts (Twitter/Facebook)
- Creating and tweaking copy about breaking news videos
- Posting trending videos that might be of interest to our audience
- Ability to write well (degree in Journalism or related field a plus)
- Have some examples of things you have posted that have been shared/re-shared
- Ability to meet deadlines and to multi-task
- Understand Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Pinterest and why certain posts on those sites get popular
- Keynote, PowerPoint and Excel skills
Our website: http://www.haystack.tv