Good Eggs is hiring for the following positions:
Controller/Accounting Leading. Key Responsibilities:
- Work with the business operations & finance team to streamline current accounting processes and build out internal controls.
- Process and review A/P, A/R, reconciliations, and accruals; manage producer payments on a weekly basis.
- Manage month-, quarter- and year- end close processes and work with team to produce financial reports while endeavoring to expedite closing.
- Ensure internal accounting practices and controls align with business operations.
- Manage other business requirements such as taxes, insurance, licenses, etc.
- Act as an accounting resource within the team and ensure GAAP compliance.
- Work with teams across the company to design and implement process improvements. MORE ABOUT THIS JOB HERE
Operations and Delivery Team. Key Responsibilities:
Deliver local food door-to-door
Pack customer orders as part of the operations team
Ongoing warehouse maintenance and upkeep
Customer service, delivery driving or operations experience
Team player attitude: no task is too small!
Clean driving record
Valid car insurance
Smartphone you are willing to use with our dispatcher app and navigation (we offer a subsidy if you don’t have a smart phone). MORE ABOUT THIS POSITION
Prep Cook. To apply:
Resume highlighting relevant experience
Cover letter including:
Reason for wanting to join the Good Eggs team as a prep cook
A brief description of a favorite food experience, eating, cooking, growing, etc. (100 words or less)
In the traditional business model, supermarkets buy food from producers at wholesale prices and mark it up for consumers. “For the most part, the vendor is getting a higher portion of the retail dollar,” said Spiro. “Usually it’s the minority that goes to the actual food producer.”
Good Eggs takes only a 3.5 percent cut of producers’ sales, and there’s no membership fee for participating in the site.
“We’ve specifically and intentionally aligned our incentives with the food producers, so we only succeed if they succeed,” said Spiro.
Most of the producers signed up with Good Eggs for increased exposure, but also to give up some of the hassle associated with running a business, since the new site will handle customer transactions. This allows them to shift their focus back to what got them into the business: making food. MORE HERE.
MORE POSITIONS HERE. When you go to your interview, tell them Mission Local sent you!