Wednesday at around 1:30 p.m. diners were asked to leave Pancho Villa Taqueria at 3071 16th. St. By the time the last burrito exited the building, four emergency units were on site. Workers were installing a torch down roof. It seems that the roofing caught fire.
The workers had a fire extinguisher and attended to the fire immediately but as good judgment would suggest they called 911. The fire crews examined the roof and seemed to find no problems. A great job by all. Everyone loved the warm weather, except perhaps the roofer.