Potrero House Goes up in Flames on Christmas Morning

  • left arrow
  • 1
  • 2
  • right arrow
Go social – share this article with your friendsFacebookGoogle+PinterestRedditLinkedInEmail

Update from fire department spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge at 12:17 p.m., Thursday:

The fire started with a kitchen appliance, and one person suffered a burn injury and smoke inhalation. The fire spread throughout the three–story building with two units and an in-law.

The fire department got the emergency call at 12:02 on December 25, and arrived at the property three minutes later. By 12:48, the fire was under control.

Original post:

A multi-family residence went up in flames at Potrero and 23rd streets in the wee hours of Christmas morning, after a kitchen fire spread to engulf the structure, according to the fire department.

Ten adults were displaced from a multi-family house at 1106-1108 Potrero, says fire department spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge. One person was transported to the hospital with injuries — though they didn’t have to travel very far. General Hospital is directly across the street.

The fire department got news of the single alarm in the morning on December 25. “They got water on the fire pretty quickly and got it under control,” Talmadge said. “They were able to get it under control without an additional alarm.”

The displaced adults did not ask for Red Cross assistance.

We’ll update this post as soon as we get more details. See video by JJ San here. 

Filed under: Mobile, Today's Mission, Trouble

One Comment

  1. Aristotle

    smells like rent control………

Comments are closed.