Small Trash Fire Sends Homeless Man to Hospital

Photo by @polexa via twitter.

Photo by @polexa via twitter.

A homeless man was taken to the hospital with injuries to his foot that he sustained in a small trash fire Tuesday morning, authorities said.

Firefighters responded to a call of a fire behind the Mission Market at 22nd and Bartlett streets at around 10 a.m. on Tuesday, said fire department spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge. The homeless man was sleeping when some trash nearby caught on fire. His injuries were not life-threatening.

The fire was believed to have been caused by a discarded cigarette, Talmadge said.

Share!FacebookGoogle+PinterestRedditLinkedInEmail

Filed under: Mobile, Today's Mission, Trouble

Comments are closed.